Check with your visitors to make sure your website is user-friendly
- Can your visitors quickly find the information they are looking for?
- Do your visitors understand your content?
- Is the main information sufficiently sign posted?
- Does the look and feel meet your visitors’ expectations?
To get these answers, nothing beats testing.
User testing is our preferred technique to objectively and quantitatively assess the user experience. Testing users before launching a new software product (website, mobile app, video game, etc.) with a representative sample of your target audience allows you to take into consideration their concerns, any difficulties they encounter, and their comments. An optimized UI ensures a better user experience, and maximizes your product’s chance of success.
User testing ensures that your product meets user needs and respects the usability standard ISO 9241-210 (which assesses its effectiveness, efficiency, and user satisfaction).
Properly conducted usability testing identifies the stumbling blocks of a product (website, business application, etc.). Once detected, it is then possible to correct them and improve the user experience.
Carrying out a user test implies:
- Formulating pertinent assumptions related to interface problems and testing relevant scenarios
- Putting together a sample corresponding to your target users
- Observing and recording user behavior under different scenarios
- Analyzing the data collected to understand and interpret the difficulties encountered by users
- Performing these tests on a competitor’s product or an older version to obtain comparative results
Methodology adapted to each medium and context
We draw on our scientific background to offer you a rigorous and optimized testing methodology. The secret of a good test is not in the number of participants, but in the choice of methodologies (test plan, tasks, data collected, scenarios, etc.). This is what we specialize in!
Our test reports describe our findings and make recommendations to correct any usability problems we have identified.
Our past projects
Comparative tests on sonar interfaces
Several user tests, throughout the design stage of the website
Several user tests: interactive TV, web sites, etc.