How usable is your software?
- After-sales service gets too many complaints about how a product works
- Disparaging remarks from clients about an outdated look and feel
- Interaction principles that fail to take full advantage of new technologies
These are all symptoms of the usability problems of your product’s UI. An assessment of your product’s current usability is the first step towards improving its UI.
Our UI audit gives you:
- An assessment of the interface’s strengths and weaknesses
- Specific visual recommendations to correct usability flaws
Our expert software assessment grids
Our LudoGridSW assessment grid is the result of years of R&D. It is specifically designed to analyze software UIs and evaluate usability based on 13 principles of human-computer interaction:
- The feedback the system gives the user related to current actions and choices
- Respecting user profiles (skills, preferences, habits, etc.)
- The feeling of control
- Internal consistency of the product and external compliance with software standards
- Managing user errors
- Optimizing user performance during the interaction
- Layout and the use of screen space
- Flexibility with regard to personal preferences and potential disabilities
- Managing cognitive overload
- The user experience (interaction satisfaction)
- Human-machine dialogue
- Support and documentation
- Optimization of collaboration
Our assessment grid is updated and improved each year to take into account new technological developments and forms of interaction.
Each principle is divided into several categories, and the end result is a comprehensive, standardized audit of the major UI problems.
Several LudoTIC experts audit the UI using the assessment grid. The results are compiled into a report highlighting the strengths of the interface and weaknesses to correct.
The audit report provides a description about each problem and one or more suggestions to correct it, accompanied by “before and after” screen shots if needed to illustrate the recommended changes.
We present and explain the findings and recommendations to your teams.
If needed, we can assist you in implementing these changes to ensure overall consistency.
Our past projects
Sonar export UI audit
Audit of online loan and retirement simulators
Audit of the solution to design and manage promotional campaigns