Learn the secrets of a user-friendly website and optimized navigation. This course covers the usability issues related to Web 2.0 and mobile applications. Participants will learn how to use a web interface assessment grid we developed from years of R&D.
Webmasters, graphic designers, creators of web interfaces and web applications
Introduction: What is UI usability?
- What is cognitive ergonomics?
- The history of ergonomics
- The different facets of ergonomics
How to integrate web usability into the life cycle of an IT product?
- Design ergonomics and corrective ergonomics
- The return on investment of usability
- ISO 9241-210
- Overview of usability techniques
How to understand and profile users?
- What parameters to consider and why?
- Understanding users: how do they perceive and use an interface?
- Modeling techniques: interviews and questionnaires
- The quali/quantitative approach and persona creation
- Evolving profile of your “average web user”
- Low, mid, and high level mockups
- Rapid mockup tools
- Examples of website mockups
The Basics of User Testing Methodology
- Fundamentals of the experimental method
- Difference between experiments and tests
- Remote or in-person tests?
- A/B testing
- Some examples
User-Centered Design for Websites and Web Applications
- The principles of user-centered design and web usability
- “Universal” heuristic criteria
- Specificities of web interfaces: links and navigation
- Web 2.0: technology, collaboration, and social aspects
- Web accessibility: constraints and opportunities
- Mobile interfaces: smartphones and tablets. What is so special about them?
Heuristic Analysis of Websites
- Heuristic analysis method: strengths, weaknesses, and ROI
- LudoTIC heuristic assessment grid for websites: detailed presentation
- Some examples
Dates for Nice
Phone: +33 4 93 55 67 12
Dates and registration for Paris
Price in Nice
€1,490 per person
Discount offered if two or more participants from the same company
LudoTIC assessment grid software and course material
Location and Directions
31 rue de Paris – 06000 Nice